I have been involved in providing and promoting high quality exhibitions by artists, makers and communities for many years. I worked on the refurbishment and re-launch of Bilston Art Gallery and Museum and was the curator for their community exhibition programme.
I have programmed several small permanent and temporary exhibition sites for various local authorities and the NHS and for several years was responsible for the gallery education programme at Rochester art Gallery.
The scope of exhibitions I have been a curator for or supported includes; many by contemporary artists and makers, work by local communities, schools, specialist groups and several large industrial heritage exhibitions and accompanying projects and publications.
Almost every exhibition I have developed has included a specially devised outreach programme of projects or activities for the public, families and creative practitioners.
Exhibitions I have been the curator for include:
- Bilston Art Gallery – Community Colours – contemporary and historic banner making, Under the Smoke – Bilston Steelworks arts and reminiscence, Comic Art – history of comic art illustration
- Rochester programmes
- Charles Cryer Studio Theatre Café Exhibitions
- Sutton Library Gallery Exhibitions
- Sutton/Friedrichshien, Berlin artist exchange exhibition
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital – memories and memorabilia permanent display
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital large scale programme of bringing art into waiting rooms, corridors and wards across the site