Working within the education sector has always been an important and exciting aspect of my work. In recent years I have worked for Creative Partnerships and BBC Blast in over fifty schools developing a vast range of inspiring and unusual programmes varying from a few hours to four years in duration. I am a true champion for the benefits of creative learning and am passionate about the curriculum-wide value that innovative approaches to teaching can have for children and others. Enabling people to experience and participate in high quality, inspiring and unexpected activities from a young age and encouraging people’s innate creativity is always rewarding and full of surprises. I have been a speaker at several creative learning conferences and training events and have devised several teacher training programmes.
Some of the recent school projects I have delivered include:
- Aveley Primary School – Processional Giant building and costume making, outdoor learning and music projects.
- The Westlands School – Film Projects for young people at risk of exclusion and Back to Basics outstanding learning project including a team trip to the Lake District and Kenya
- Gravesend Girls Grammar – Puppetry and Language Project, Radio program making and cross curricular creative programmes exploring geometry, RE, maps, economics and French.
- Thameside Infants School – core values film project and cross curricular performing arts and IT project
- Chafford Hundred School – Film project about careers and learning
- Herringham Primary School – Teacher training in outdoor learning and maths, pupil news film making project, storytelling training
- Stifford Primary School – Everyone’s a Storyteller, training and development project
- Warren Primary School – teacher training in outstanding creative teaching and risk taking
- St Peters Infants – child led learning project
- English Martyrs Primary School – Film and It as a tool for learning project
- East Tilbury Infants School – Exploding the Library child led library re-organisation project and The Learning Bazaar multi-cultural learning scheme
- William Edwards School – IT in learning project
- BBC Blast tailored workshops and programmes for 25 schools including animation, tv special effects, radio, sound editing, stage make up, dance and film making.
- Rhythmix Music workshops for special schools and units tailored to meet the needs of disabled young people or those excluded from school
- Gallery education workshops for schools at Rochester, Gillingham and Bilston Art Galleries
- Charles Cryer Studio Theatre, Sutton – education programme for schools
Feedback from past clients:
I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of my students for a fantastic day. They were all so enthused and spent the next day showing anyone (I really mean it) who they could find their storyboards and films. It was brilliant and many thanks for all of your hard work. I hope we can work on something again in the future.
Teacher, Futures College
The library project has been really special for the whole school, it was like finding a Christmas present we’d forgotten to open, thank you.
Teacher, East Tilbury Infants School